Monday 23 February 2015

Accomodation - Kimi Ryokan

My accomodation during the whole stay was the KIMI RYOKAN in Ikebukuro. It was just a walking distance from the Ikebukuro station away. Passing by lots of karaoke bars, pachinko parlors I reached the ryokan which was just a tiny unremarkeable-looking house laying in a quiet side street.





The ryokan really is an insider tip! I read about it in one of my guidebooks which recommended to make a booking as soon as possible. It turned out true as all rooms were fully booked only a few days after I made my booking. Although I booked more than half a year in advance.
The price for one night was 4.500 Yen (about 33 Euro!) which is extremly cheap for being in the heart of Tokyo! (Ikebukuro Sunshine City was as well just a walking distance from me)
If you don't need a lot of comfort and just search for a place to calm down in the evening after an eventfully day, you'll be happy with this housing!
The staff was extremly kind. The ryokan was neat and clean and unbelievable idyllic. I swear, you will forget beeing in a city with more than 9 million inhabitants!

The ryokan was a very old-looking and traditional house. The whole floor was covered by dark-wooden parquet. At the entrance you had to take off your shoes, put them into a shelf and wear slippers instead. A sliding door leaded into the lounge which was, again, neat and clean but for me typical japanese and therefore perfect. Check put the photo down below.




My room was at the third floor and basically consisted of not more than a bad, a table and a place to put my clothes in. You were given a Yukata with a proper obi and a towel. You were able to by the Yukata at the end of your stay for about 2.400 Yen (~ 18 Euro). I didn't buy one though, but by now I begin to regret this decision :(



This was my bed.. Well, if you call it like that. It was really hard and uncomfortable and probably the worst about the Ryokan. I alway slept on the one half of my blanket to have it at least a bit more softly.




           


For the ten days I stayed in Tokyo, this room was proper for me. In my opinion you can save most of the money when choosing an accomodation. It doesn't need to be extra super special. You won't spend a lot of time there anyway as you are there to explore the city.

At the very end I'm sharing a picture of me wearing that yukata ^o^
Next post will definitely be about my trip to Ikebukuro!


No comments:

Post a Comment